Sunday, September 1, 2013

CEO Training Part 8 - Win with Magic of Extraordinary Team work

JWI 599 Capstone, Week9 summary, 9/1/13

OPs2 presentation went extremely well. The presentation delivery in each of our sections was excellent. I felt our team had the most "soul" and "customer focus" of all teams.
The intensity in our team is an order of magnitude above competition I truly believe. Because each of us put our heart - and yes soul - into this turn around. (Ok, I confess I did not give it all my soul. I ran at 60% of my horse power for this course since I am taking a second class, dealing with intense work- life challenges).
Together we in the CTC Inc cohort have gone through a down in Q2 and steady ups since then. We reached points where we were about to fall apart (I remember my team member Joe asking in exasperation, "where are we going with this guys? we are all over the place" back in Q2 of simulation when we suffered a major set back in sales.).


We debated endlessly about pricing (I remember my team member Roderick kicking my butt about not helping the team make a quick enough decision on pricing. I am only now getting a hang of this GM leadership thing and the team has taught me well).

We reached a point where we felt butterflies in the stomach (I remember my team member Aaron asking this week "wait a second, we don't have to change all format of the pitch in the nth hour...the ppt can remain with the same format and tweaked". What a guy ! He saved us so much trouble).


We watched in awe as our CFO Juan nailed the financials impressively (I remember him coming after us with phone calls late night each week with "hey have you thought about this..?". the guy is an amazing machine).

We gave critical 360-degree reviews that make us think deeply about what our strengths are that need to be celebrated and the weaknesses we need to address to evolve as better leaders.

It is official. My DNA has changed from this course. I have my CTC cohort to thank for the rest of my life for bringing the JWMI principles totally alive through the lively Capstone corporate turn-around simulation experience.

JWMI MBA is for me a DNA changing transformational experience. This is metamorphosis.
This is what it must feel like for a worm to turn into a butterfly and think on a whole new plane with newly-formed wings.

wow
Dr DP

No comments:

Post a Comment