Monday, September 2, 2013

CEO Training Part9 - Winning & Losing

JWI 599, Capstone, Week9 summary, 9/1/13

CTC ended up in the second place. Not a bad way to finish but the competitive spirit inside tugs at the heart.

EPC came across as a professionally managed team that connected very well with the financial metrics that mattered - Revenue, Net Income variance, Cash Flow and ROTC.

Conspicuous in the ranking was the missing fifth parameter which is positioning for the future. I thought our team did the best job on this front and it was a bummer that this got left out of the scorecard in the end.

Our team now knows what it is to win and what it means to lose. We know what turning around an ailing company entails. I, as one whom the team gave the privilege of serving in the GM role, now know where exactly I need to improve.

This is now a new battle-tested me. I am a much better leader now.
I know life will never be the same again. wow. The magic of it all, so wondrous this MBA journey.
Dr DP

No comments:

Post a Comment